Wednesday, November 2, 2011

For Gordy (and Rody)


I know it has been a while since I've posted on the blog, and Rody gives me crap about it every other day.  From his text "You're a sucky blogger".  On to Gordy's frame.  I have more man hours in to this frame than any other that I have built.  Some of it to custom requests by Gordy but mostly time building more fixture to make sure everything is dead nuts.  This is a TI 29er, with a 2x10 drive train, 16.75" chainstays, 44MM ID headtube which will have a King headset for the fox tapered steerer, and a direct mount front der.  This all adds up to tight clearances, which means double and triple checking everything.  To finish this frame, I need to polish the down tube, some of the top tube, and seat stay bridge, then lay down decals and glass bead blast, and then remove decals to reveal chrome like lettering.  It should give the industrial look that Gordy was looking to get.  I will be back at it Friday, for a Saturday morning delivery.  I promise to post pics of the completed bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment