My friend James of the north happen to find this Fat Wicked in the trash. It has a couple of issues, but all and all, there is something to work with here. Rody says I should post stuff like this on my blog, so this one is for him. First issue, Deore XT steel post was froze in the seat tube. If it had been an aluminum post I would have drilled it out on the lathe, as seen in another posting. However this is 10 times harder to do with a steel post without running the drill though the side of the seat tube. Plan B:
1. Cut post a half inch from the top of the seat tube.
2. Weld 1/4 plate to end of post.
3. Strap clamp the plate to left side of mill table.
4. Throw large tractor chain over main beam running through the center of the shop.
5. Attach chain to all thread and spacers running through bottom bracket.
6. Lower mill table until the whole milling machine is almost hanging from beam.
7. Apply just enough heat with propane torch to burn the paint.
8. Wiggle frame by head tube.
Post out! Still undefeated.
The Wicked also needs new canti mounts, a Big One Inch fork, midnight blue paint, and some decals and she will be up and running again.